Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving dinner

This was my Thanksgiving Day turkey dinner. It's a bit fuzzy because I've been taking photos without the flash because the flash tends to turn everything white. We had an office ex-pat Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel up the street. We had turkey, dressing and gravy from Popeye's, with an Asian style buffet that included sushi, smoked salmon, fried shrimp and fish, green salad, japchae (noodles), ham that didn't taste like ham, and a few other things.

It's the weirdest Thanksgiving turkey dinner I have ever had.

It was very nice to be surrounded by friends and colleagues from work. But what I missed the most were the good smells. I loved going to Mom's house for Thanksgiving, driving down the day of Thanksgiving, and walking into the house and smelling all the good smells. And being able to sneak some of the bread set aside for the dressing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: