Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chef Meili's - dinner

Czech beer, real apple strudel, sausages, and home made sauerkraut -- must be Chef Meili's, an Austrian restaurant in Itaewon.

I've eaten here for lunch before and really liked it. Dinner is just as good. Unfortunately, we ate our dinners before recalling that I did have my camera with me. So no photos of the mixed grill with potatoes or the roast pork with sauerkraut this time. The mixed grill contained medallions of beef and pork, chicken breast, and a sausage, served on potatoes, with a small dish of mustard. Everything was excellent. I was a bit concerned when I ordered it because in the US, ordering any dish described as having beef, pork, chicken AND sausage would come out on a gigantic platter and I'd have enough food for over a week. But the portions are highly reasonable. And the next time we eat there, we will probably split a salad or appetizer first.

The roast pork was served over sauerkraut, and was quite good, apparently, seeing as how there wasn't anything left at the end of the meal. The observation was made that the sauerkraut was definitely home made, and tasted quite good.

The beverage menu had a fair amount of bottles of wine available, along with European beers and some schnapps. This is the Czech beer available.


And this, this is the absolutely delicious apple strudel. I was ready to order a second serving of this. It was served hot, with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: