Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dessert at Amigos Restaurant

We had dinner at Amigos Mexican Restaurant the other night. It was just too darned cold to wander around deciding where to eat, so we headed straight for something we knew would be okay, and was close to the subway station.

This time, we had dessert. We ordered the apple empanadas and the brownie. One thing I've noticed here is that portions are more reasonably sized, so I actually have room for dessert even if I have finished everything on my dinner plate. I also like feeling comfortably full, not overfull like I often do if I try and eat all the food served on my plate in an American restaurant.

The desserts were okay. There was too much going on on each plate to really be able to say they were great. Along with the apple empanadas, there was ice cream with caramel sauce and colored sprinkles, and underneath the empanadas was a candied citrus rind, on top of the empanadas was what appears to have been a berry sauce, but had no flavor, and on the edge of the plate was cinnamon. There were just too many competing flavors that hid the apple. And I love apple desserts, and to have the apple overpowered by everything else was just disappointing.

Brownie dessert:


Apple empanadas:
Posted by Picasa

No comments: