Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homemade Korean noodle stir-fry

After our adventure at the Lotte Mart at Seoul Station, we took our loot back home and had a stir fry. I used the Korean potato noodles (which I'd been trying to find at the Asian stores in Jacksonville and never did), along with the beef, onion, and baby bok choy.

First, I put onion in the frying pan with some oil and cooked them until they were softened, and some were caramelized (not planned, but it was my first time using the apartment stove and cooking implements). Then cooked the meat, and added the bok choy at the end and stirred until the bok choy were just softened. I added some soy sauce at this point. Before starting the onions, I cooked the noodles in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then drained and rinsed them in cold water, then added them to the stir fried meat mixture. Then I added a bit more soy sauce, stirred it all together in the pan until the noodles were hot and covered with the soy sauce. In the end, the noodles looked like the ones I've seen in restaurants and at the Marriott buffet. And it tasted good.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: