Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall has arrived in Seoul...

Last week, the street vendors were selling t-shirts, baseball caps, and sunglasses. This week, they're selling socks, knitted caps, and gloves.

Wednesday, the weather was nice, a bit cloudy, but short-sleeve shirt with maybe a light sweater needed. Yesterday, it was rainy. Today, it was like winter in Florida -- I wore a sweater all day long.

And I have batteries for my camera, so more photos coming soon. I'm trying to figure out what to do first out of my long list of things to do or see. I'm leaning towards seeing the local neighborhood and the palaces/parks/temples nearby first. Or randomly picking a subway station on the map (I could put it on the wall and throw darts at it), and going there and just seeing what's around.

On my list so far...

Foods:
galbi
bibimbap
bulgogi

Places:
Bangsan Market
Changdeokgung Palace
Deoksugung Palace
DMZ tour
Dongdaemun Market
Gyeongbokdung Palace
Jongno Tower
Kimchi Field Museum
Meokjagolmok in Gwangjang Market
Myeong-dong
Namdaemun Market
National Museum of Contemporary Art
National Museum of Korea
Noryangjin Fish Market
Samcheongdonggil Street
Seoul Museum of Art
Seoul Museum of Chicken Art
Seoul National Science Museum
Seoul Tower
Silk Road Museum
Tteok - Kitchen Utensil Museum
War Memorial of Korea
World Jewelry Museum

This is always subject to change, and I'm always looking for suggestions.

No comments: