Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saigon Grill - lunch

One of the things I love about being in a big city is the variety of food options. Jacksonville had lots of bbq joints, and a few good restaurants, but the variety was pretty limited. Here, I can find just about anything, whether it's Turkish kebabs (aka gyros), Vietnamese beef pho, schnitzel, burger, or any number of other things that I don't know the name of or the ingredients that go into it.

To celebrate a friend's birthday the other day, several of us headed out to Itaewon for lunch and went to Saigon Grill. This place has been highly recommended by a Vietnamese co-worker. And it was good.

These are the vegetarian spring rolls.


These are a fried roll of some kind - I don't remember what was in them. But they were tasty.


My bowl of beef pho. It had nice good size pieces of meat and the broth had a good flavor to it. I added bean sprouts and sliced onion to it.


Baguette sandwich that had all sorts of goodies in it, including a barbecued meat of some kind, vegetables, tomatoes, pineapple, cilantro, and hot peppers. And yes, I picked the hot peppers off of my piece of sandwich.


This is the nasi goreng, which is an Indonesian style fried rice dish, that came with a fried egg on top.


The tea they served was hot, which was lovely on a cold day, and had a nice flavor to it. The plan is to come back and try this place for dinner one night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: