Sunday, January 4, 2009

One of the reasons why I love where I live...

I took a four day weekend this week! Talk about luxury.

Anyway, on Friday, I went wandering around my neighborhood and ended up visiting three different bookstores in several hours. First, in the basement level of the Jongno Tower is Bandi & Luni Bookstore. Then without even having to go outside from there, I can cut through Jonggak station from exit 3 over to exit 5 and straight into the back door of Youngpoong bookstore. Then, from the front door of Youngpoong, I come out on Cheonggyecheon, turn right, go to the main street, turn right, cross the street, and head downstairs to Kyobo Book Center.

I like the foreign books section of Youngpoong for literature and current fiction. They have a good mix of classics and current fiction. And I like Kyobo Book Center for non-fiction, technical books. They have a huge section (relatively speaking) of earth science, even including some remote sensing books. I don't see much in the way of GIS or other things I'm looking for these days, but there's plenty to keep me occupied.


View Larger Map

No comments: