Monday, January 26, 2009

More random wandering...

Today we wandered over towards City Hall and Namdaemun Market. There's an ice skating rink set up right now in front of City Hall. I skipped that. I figured why pay to fall on my backside when I can do that for free on any sidewalk around.

Building near the Kyobo Book Center building at the intersection of Sejongno and Jongno to commemorate something or other (I didn't read the sign). I'll have to go back and get more details later. When it's warmer.


Statue of Admiral Lee Sun Sin, middle of Sejongno.


One corner of the Korea Bank Museum building. This was built in the 1910s, designed by a Japanese architect, and looks like a European castle. It was originally the Korean Bank building when the bank was first established following independence from Japan in the 1950s. It now houses the museum.


One of the things I find entertaining sometimes is the use of English in signs in countries where English is not the first language. Just down the street from this Mr. Pizza was a men's clothing store that had apparently gone out of style. But it was the place where your lover would like your clothes. I'll have to go back and see if I can't get a photo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: