Monday, August 18, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait....

Well, it seems there are some circumstances beyond our control, and we are stuck for two more weeks in an ocean-front hotel room in Jax Beach. More details forthcoming if/when I get any. But the big adventure has been postponed for two weeks.

In the meantime, I'm definitely looking for book recommendations -- I splurged on a kindle from Amazon, and am looking for books to read. If you have a favorite you'd like to share with me, please add a comment.

Also, Olympic observations -- is it just me, or does it seem like the sports commentators fail to use their 4 year break to actually come up with new and interesting lines? Every four years, it's always the same -- this is the best, greatest, etc. And please, cut out the cheesy stuff and show more of the athletes actually being athletic. And why only show the host county athletes and the US (obviously I'm watching this from within the US)? Why not show some of the others? Some of us are actually interesting in seeing something other than Phelps win his umpteenth gold medal.

No comments: