Monday, December 10, 2007

Hard Rain

I'm finally back into a reading groove, and am slowly but surely making my way through my latest pile of library books. The latest one is Hard Rain by Barry Eisler. It's an action/adventure/mystery/thriller set in Tokyo featuring a half Japanese/half American named John Rain.

One of the reasons I'd picked this one up was because I'd seen it on a list of books set in Japan. I haven't been to most of the places detailed in the book because I tend not to go to night clubs and what not, but I recognized the names of neighborhoods and could picture them in my mind, like Harujuku and Akihabara, or the Asakusa temple area. I always enjoy being able to picture in my mind as I'm reading the setting for a book.

I did enjoy the book -- it was a great book for a weekend read.

No comments: