Saturday, December 22, 2007

EO Inn, Orlando

For work, I've gone down to Orlando a few times. And yes, there is a non-entertainment Orlando, a real-world city outside the Disney-fied entertainment world. So I've stayed at the EO Inn, which is just down the street from the office. It's a small boutique hotel and spa, and if I arrive after about 5 or 6 pm, I have to call the number posted and get the code to open the box outside the door. I think I've actually seen a front desk person maybe two or three times total out of about a half dozen visits. But I love the decor, and the location is perfect. If I'm tired and just want a light dinner, there's a Panera Bread on the first floor of the building.


On one of my Orlando jaunts, I got a room upgrade to a corner room on the top floor. It was great. Too bad I was only there for one night.


This is the bathroom to this room -- his and hers sinks on either side of the bathtub. By the way, they have great shampoos and soaps and lotions. Some places have mediocre and cheap stuff, but this place has the good stuff.















This is the room at the foot of the bed -- two comfy chairs, a desk overlooking the Eola Lake. A great place to plug in the laptop and work. There's also a door opening out onto the balcony, which stretches down the length of the building.










This is the view from the window, overlooking Lake Eola.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: