Saturday, December 6, 2008

So how cold is it?

Yesterday, it was about -5(C), maybe even -10(C) (in the low 20s (F)). This means, for those of you who live in the warmer climes (where I hope to live one day soon):

  • That at noon, I could see my breath.
  • That my glass of ice for my drink last night didn't really melt at all.
  • That now I know why the store on the corner is selling fur lined gloves.
  • That now I know why Russians wear those funny looking fur hats.
  • That now I plan on stocking up on warm woolly scarves, some thick gloves, and some serious long underwear.
It also means that if I go in to work over the weekend, that I have to be prepared to work in Arctic conditions since the heating or air conditioning is always off over weekends. I end up sitting on my heated chair pad, wearing a thick wool coat, scarf and hat. I have to take the gloves off and live with frozen fingers because I've discovered that I can't really type while wearing gloves. Although maybe I'll get some cheap ones and just cut the tips of the fingers off.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: