Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

It is dumping water outside at the moment. It's raining so hard that were I to sit in my car at this particular time, it would seem as if I was going through a car wash -- even though the car isn't moving. It's actually been raining pretty steadily, which doesn't seem to happen very regularly when it rains here. Usually when it rains, there are pockets of car wash type dumping mixed in with lighter rain drops with large areas of very clear blue sky visible. Sometimes it will look nice and sunny outside the window, yet if I walk outside, it's pouring rain.

This is also different from the summer rains. Summer rains come in the afternoon/evening, and follow a standard pattern with some parts of Jacksonville getting dumped on and others bone dry with thunder and lightning. This is consistently dumping rain on both sides of the river and for a long period of time.

Anyway, I love listening to the rain, I'm just hoping that by the time I have to go to work tomorrow, that it will have stopped.

No comments: