Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Restaurants I miss...

We're now on week 4 or 5 of hotels and restaurant meals.  To be honest, I've lost track of how long we've been eating restaurant meals.  But it's long enough that at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is decide which restaurant I want to go to.  I'd much rather go to my kitchen, open the refrigerator, and pull out some leftovers.  Like Irish beef stew.  Or baked chicken and mashed potatoes.  So as we struggle to decide the eternal question, where are we going tonight for dinner, I've been thinking about some of the places I miss.

Riverside, CA:
Romano's Pizza.  Especially after two years of no pizza (Anthony's doesn't count), this was delicious.  Doesn't matter if it's the thin crust or not.  It's good.
Art's Bar & Grill.  Can't beat the Wednesday or Saturday prime rib special.

Santa Barbara, CA:
Pane e Vino.  Fettuccine ai formaggi.  Still one of my all time favorites.
The Palace.  Good food, good service.

Jacksonville, FL:
Sticky Fingers.  I miss the combo where you can get 4 different kinds of ribs.
Sliders.  The crabcakes.  The beach atmosphere.

Seoul:
Sultan's Kebabs.  Great lunch.
Le Sainte Ex.  Excellent dinners.
Yongsusan:  Only ate here once.  But it's still the most memorable meal I've ever eaten outside of one particular Valentine's Day dinner someone cooked for me.

I know, I know.  At some point I'll have some favorites in Honolulu.  But for now, Waikiki options are over priced.  Or chain restaurants.  There are only so many times I can eat Cheesecake Factory cheesecake before I get tired of it.

So, what are your favorite restaurants?

No comments: