Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bangkok adventures



I realize I never did write up our adventures in Bangkok from back in October. So, I'll start doing that. It helps remind me of fun and good times in warmer climes, and to think of things I might want to do during the Husband's upcoming spring break. We're leaning towards going back to Hong Kong, but there are so many other places out in this part of the world that I'd like to see, such as Vietnam, Angkor Wat, Singapore, Phuket. But we'll see. Spring break is still a couple of months away.

The lime green drink above was our welcome drink.  It was sweet, cloyingly sweet.  So sweet it made my teeth hurt.  I have no idea what was in it.  But it was a tropical drink in a tropical place!  And very much enjoyed for that reason alone.

We arrived in Bangkok late in the evening, so we checked in, and discovered the hotel served food in the cafe on the ground floor.  So we had ourselves a little Thai food.

Chicken in a green curry sauce, with little Asian eggplants (the little round green balls):


Fried rice noodles with beef and kale:


I've been hunting ever since then for something similar to this fried rice noodle dish.  Buddha's Belly in Itaewon has something similar, with more vegetables.  And I've found some possible recipes in an Asian cookbook I have.  This dish is similar to pad thai, but without the peanuts.  And is now one of my all time favorite things to eat.  Along with Chinese dumplings.  And just about anything Mom makes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: