Monday, June 22, 2009

A day off...

I took yesterday off. I've been going full speed since I left Seoul on the 6th of June, spending time with my Dad, making sure my grandmother is ok, lawyer appointments, running to the bank, running to the county, and pushing drugs. So I decided to spend the day wine tasting out in Temecula with a friend of mine. I'd just gone a month ago when I was here on vacation, so this time we checked out some of the more off the beaten path wineries.

1. Wilson Creek -- this is always stop number 1. Because they have almond champagne.

2. Frangipani -- they have an absolutely wonderful cabernet franc. We got a bottle for dinner... it goes wonderfully with tri tip. They also had a sparkling wine that they mixed with something else. So, so tasty.

3. Oak Mountain -- nothing really spectacular stood out here, although they have music piped into the restrooms which are a standalone facility.

4. Briar Rose -- could not find this one, nothing looked like a winery, although supposedly it exists and people have found it before.

5. Bella Vista -- the last tasting here: have some chocolate, then mix the late harvest syrah with their sparkling wine. Oh, so yummy.

6. Baily -- we stopped here after eating lunch at Carol's. Carol's: excellent. Baily's: eh. Absolutely nothing stood out here.

7. Mt. Palomar -- last stop because my friend is a member here. Tried a couple of blends that are very nice. But my favorite is Shorty's Bistro Red.

It was a lovely day!

No comments: