Sunday, May 10, 2009

Things I miss about Jacksonville...

I'm in Florida right now, Jacksonville actually, on vacation. Someone asked me yesterday what I noticed about the US when I came back, what struck me the most. And I have to say that it was the awful smell of the fast food court at the Atlanta airport. Ugh. And people eat that stuff. Another thing I've noticed is the huge portions at restaurants. I used to think that Sliders' servings were a touch on the small side. Now, I think they're huge! I ordered crab cakes for dinner, and couldn't finished my plate.

I've been working on relaxing, trying to remember how to do that, how not to work, how not to check email all the time. So I've been hanging out at Jacksonville Beach, enjoying a walk down to the pier and back each morning. Enjoying the sunshine (with lots of sunscreen!) and the warm weather. I've noticed a few differences since I was last here -- there are fewer for sale signs, less traffic on A1A/3rd St., parking still available on a Friday evening in Atlantic Beach.

But I also realized that there are things I miss about Jacksonville...
1) Sliders restaurant in Atlantic Beach
2) Walks on the beach
3) My friends and family
4) The weather!!!
5) 5 Guys burgers
6) The greenery and trees
7) Watching the clouds gather every afternoon
8) The humidity (yes, the humidity)

Photos will be posted in a couple of weeks when I return.

No comments: