Monday, March 2, 2009

A grand evening out

We had a nice, quiet weekend. Ended up heading out to the Haebongchong area, and walking up the hill towards the Grand Hyatt. Saw some potential restaurants for future dining adventures. I also noticed that March 1st must be the magic date for spring wardrobes. I saw quite a few young ladies wandering around in mini-skirts. Without the tights. I would just like to mention that I still wear a minimum of 3 layers, a wool coat, a scarf, a hat, and gloves. And I'm still cold.

So, we headed up towards the Grand Hyatt, then caught a cab to go down to Itaewon. It isn't far to Itaewon, I just really didn't feel like wandering through the dark, narrow streets at night because there are lots of twists and turns and if we missed the correct turn, it could be a huge uphill climb to go back. So we hailed a cab and asked for the Hamilton Hotel. He went towards the Hilton Hotel. Hamilton. Hilton. Guess they both have that "ilton" sound in them. But we eventually got headed in the correct direction and landed in familiar territory in Itaewon.

And then we headed to Pancho's. I'd heard that the margaritas were decent, and after the random cab ride I'd just had, a margarita was just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, the only thing I enjoyed was the margarita. And the music. The food was really not up to par. So after that, we felt we'd earned dessert at Chef Meili's, where I indulged in the apple strudel and he indulged in the malakov torte (a chocolate mousse, almond, ladyfinger concoction).





Posted by Picasa

No comments: