Friday, March 20, 2009

Duck dinner

A co-worker has been mentioning this duck restaurant for a while, so we finally managed to get over there. It was an unbelievably warm evening, particularly compared to the weather the previous weekend. It's a bit of a shock to the system to go from freezing to 20 degrees (C) in a very short period of time. I hadn't realized how acclimated I'd become until I discovered that I thought 60 (F) was extremely hot and practically sun bathing weather. (Now I understand the scores of people from out of town that were sunbathing on the beach in Jacksonville last winter when I thought it was too cold to go outside without a jacket.)

Enough about the weather, back to the duck dinner. Below are the side dishes arrayed in front of me, clockwise from lower left: kimchi, pickled greens, onions in a soy sauce, pickled radish in a red sauce, more pickled greens.


Even more side dishes, clockwise from upper left: green salad, root vegetable in a sweet pepper sauce, pickle, and pickled radish. The pickled radish has a lovely flavor that reminded me of something else, but I have not yet been able to recall what it was. It has a nice, light, crisp flavor.


Our duck. Stuff with rice, beans, other grains, chestnuts.


Cup of Korean raspberry wine. A bit strong at first, but really has a nice raspberry flavor.

The bottle of raspberry wine. This really isn't that large of a bottle despite the angle of the photo; it's probably only about 6" tall.


The remains of our duck.

That was a lovely dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: