Saturday, February 14, 2009

It must have been Vietnamese food day...

It was raining quite heavily yesterday (Friday the 13th) at lunch time, so instead of making the trek up the hill to Itaewon, we dashed across the street to the Vietnamese pho shop for spring rolls and noodles. This is a decent, reasonably priced, and nearby lunch place, which happens to be my default if it's raining and I didn't bring my lunch.

Here are the spring rolls:


The beef pho. You'll have to excuse the steam. It was raining quite heavily and the windows of the restaurant were fogged up, as were my glasses when we first entered. This is the first time in a long time that I haven't had to use the humidifier at home at night.


After a long day at work, and a lunch of beef pho, I came home to Vietnamese pork ball soup. With mushrooms and bean sprouts. Yummy. The recipe for this came from the Essential Asian Cookbook that I've had for ages. This is one of the recipes that I'd tagged as wanting to try, and it is definitely worth making again. I'll have to go through that cookbook again and see what else I might like to try.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: