Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dinner

Yes, another post about food. A few friends have commented about how many of my photos have to do with food. Whether it's actual photos of food, or photos of restaurants. Yes, I like food. I enjoy cooking. And these days, I don't have much free time, so what time I do spend outside of work is usually spent eating or looking for food. Hence, the preponderance of food related photos.

After work yesterday, we didn't feel like cooking, so we headed out to find dinner. There's a pasta place called Spaghettia that we've been to before that's kind of a default -- if we can't find anything else, we know we'll find something there that at least somewhat resembles what it's called. But it appears that Spaghettia is closed for the month of October. So we wandered around and ended up at the beef restaurant on the first floor of our apartment building.

They brought out a variety of dishes, including an iceberg lettuce salad with a sesame dressing, kimchi, pickled green onions, an octopus dish, some sort of paste, and what looked like pickled cabbage. The green onions were light, and had a slight vinegary taste. The kimchi was good, but too spicy for me (yes, I have a low tolerance for spicy foods -- I don't go above 1 pepper in an Indian restaurant). But I have discovered that kimchi isn't as bad as I thought it was, and I actually enjoy it, unless I feel like I could breathe flames after eating it. The octopus was good, as long as I didn't get a bite that was covered with red chili sauce.

We had bulgogi. They brought out a dish full of meat, mushrooms, vegetables, and some noodles and put it over a flame and cooked it in front of us. This is one of my favorite dishes. Once it's all cooked, they put it in individual bowls along with some of the broth.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: