Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally...

It's taken almost a year, but I've found a Mexican restaurant that can assuage those Mexican food cravings. Granted, we don't eat out very often, which might explain why it's taken so long. But I haven't been too interested in trying Mexican restaurants since the first one was not so great. I had heard that La Nopalera was good, and as we passed it while we were trying to decide where to eat, we decided to try it. We ate at the one on Philips Hwy.

Anyway, I had the taco plate, which came with 3 tacos with choice of meat, onions, cilantro and salsa on the side. Most places, instead of steak or shredded beef, serve ground beef, which just isn't right to me. So before ordering, I confirmed that these were steak and not ground beef. I was pleasantly surprised to see tacos looking very similar to those I can get in California. They didn't quite taste as good, but they will certainly suffice when I have a craving for Mexican food.

No comments: